chiari angel

chiari angel

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Real Hero...


Over the summer I received a phone call from a complete stranger who had heard about my need for a kidney. On the other end of the phone this sweet voice said 'Zona,you don't know me but I would like to be tested to see if I can donate my kidney to you.' Of course I was floored and after many conversations with her I knew she was the most determined person I had ever met. We went ahead with the testing but found that we were not a match,a sad day not only for me but she was heartbroken as well. She told me 'I made a commitment to do this and we are not giving up'. And she hasn't! Her kidney is going to someone else and in return I will be moved to a higher spot on the list! She is a true hero in my eyes, she is not just saving one life but possibly mine as well! How many people would do that for someone you don't know? But my dear friend is just like that,the most sincere, caring,giving person I have ever met. I will spend the rest of my life trying to live by her example.,because this world needs more people like her. Life on the Waiting List has a lot of ups and downs and so many of us will die waiting if more people don't come forward. Or just consider donating your organs when you die. Why would you not? A part of you would live on and allow someone else to live.

 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.  John 15:13


No comments:

Post a Comment