chiari angel

chiari angel

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Restless Leg Syndrome

Lord have mercy..I am having a restless night! One of the most distressing symptoms of kidney disease is restless leg syndrome. I have been on the strongest dose of  requip for my restless legs for quite some time now and it has recently stopped working. My doctor prescribed another medicine to take with it...gabapintin. It was supposed to make me sleep...but that didn't happen. Instead I feel unsteady and groggy. My legs feel heavy and I just feel yucky all over.  So here I am up at 4 am. Trying to explain how restless leg syndrome feels is hard. It is so painful and the only relief you get is to constantly move them. I even get it in my arms! My muscles throughout my body contract and I can't control it. I have to have labs done on Thursday...anxious to see where my kidney function is. Hoping and praying for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment