chiari angel

chiari angel

Monday, July 1, 2013

Dealing with a chronic illness of any kind is demanding and life changing. I can handle the effects of my own illness and have been doing just that for many years. I continue to wait for my transplant,my potential donor is unable to donate at this time and may never be able to. It is my son and his diagnosis of Chiari Malformation that is foremost on my mind at the moment. He is still having a lot of problems even after all the surgery and everything he has gone through. The decompression and shunt has not relieved any of his symptoms and the doctors cannot give me any straightforward answers.  I am one upset mama right now and am going to battle for my son. We are just now learning how devastating CM is for many patients. Unfortunately Ryan is one of the 25% of  those who do not do well after the surgery.Many prayers are needed right now for my son and also for me to stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment