chiari angel

chiari angel

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

5 stages of grief in chronic illness


  • Denial: "This cannot happen to me!"
     
  • Anger: "Why did this happen to me? Who's to blame for this?"
     
  • Bargaining: "Just let me live 'til my my kids are grown and I'll do anything"
     
  • Depression: "I am too sad to do anything"
     
  • Acceptance: "I'm at peace with what is coming"
  • I was not aware there was 5 stages but looking back I now realize I went through every one of these.  The depression stage  for me was a feeling of hopelessness and feeling like what's the use,because I won't be here for long anyway. Having come through these stages I now feel there is a future,even if I don't live to be a ripe old age I have right now. I am still here and 2 years ago I doubted that I would be. Truth is none of us know when God will call us home. Everyone has their own burdens to bear and when I ask myself " why did this happen to me"? I think it's because this is the one burden I am strong enough to carry and that God would not give me more than I can handle. I feel I have finally reached the stage of Acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment