chiari angel

chiari angel

Saturday, March 30, 2013

I woke up with the worst nausea...and I am itching!! No doubt it's the toxins making me so miserable.Even my eyeballs are itching! Thank God I have my anti-nausea pills on hand...I can stand just about anything except for feeling like I am going to throw up.I fell asleep last night without putting the dishes from dinner in the dishwasher and walking into the kitchen I almost lost it..just the look of dried food on the dishes..

I am so fortunate to have a good support system through all this. I honestly don't know how somehow could  do it alone..because it is a hard road to travel by yourself. I have found there is a whole community of people out there going through kidney failure willing to share their experiences... offer advice,prayer or just to listen. I wish I had found them sooner...I can't tell you how much it helps to know that I can reach out to someone who knows what it feels like to have kidney failure. There are things you should NOT say to a kidney patient....as well meaning as they are...1."You need to drink a lot of water"...(Why? Do you want to watch me drown in my own fluids?)2."Cranberry juice will cure that"...(Cranberry juice is helpful if you have a kidney infection NOT KIDNEY FAILURE..two different things")...3."You just need to pray harder...have more faith"..(I pray constantly. and my faith is what gets me through the tough days.) You can try to explain it to the people closest to you but unless they have experienced it themselves they can't truly know. I appreciate everyone I have met along the way and pray for them everyday.

I had mentioned before my cousin Joe is being tested to be a donor for me. I keep having these feelings of paranoia that he will back out! I have had that happen before with potential donors so it's understandable to feel apprehensive . But he put my mind at ease yesterday when I asked him if he had any hesitation. He said "are you kidding me?...we have been through too much together....I am not backing out"! We are hoping for surgery in the summer if it works out...

No comments:

Post a Comment