chiari angel

chiari angel

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Good News....

I have to be at Vanderbilt for labs at 7 a.m. but I can't sleep. Yesterday was a flood of emotions. I woke up yesterday morning to a phone call from my cousin Joe. He left a voice message that said..'Zona...you have to call me ..call me now'!! I immediately called him back thinking something terrible had happened because he was crying. But they were tears of joy...We are a perfect match!! This could be the end of  a nightmare and the beginning of a new life! I think we talked no less than 5 times yesterday..I had to keep pinching myself and asking if this was really happening! I feel so very grateful and fortunate right now! Of course there are more tests to be done..but I have a good feeling this is the one. Next step is Vanderbilt is flying him in for a full day of tests within the next few weeks. If he passes...and we have no reason to believe he won't...then we will schedule the surgery! We always said we were more like brother and sister than cousins...and now in a way.. we really will be! To my family and friends..please say a prayer for us as we go through this journey. I will update our progress as we go along.
Joe and Me

2 comments:

  1. Zona I am so excited for you!!! Praying it is indeed all it appears to be and that you will get new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Zona!! I am so happy for you!! Thank you Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I don't know you, I do know this story. My nephew is a Vanderbilt patient as well, on the waiting list since 2008. He type O. Keeping you both in my prayers. Please stop by our kidney page www.facebook.com/rogermims

    ReplyDelete