chiari angel

chiari angel

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

It is a beautiful spring day here in Tennessee! Warm and sunny...the grass has turned from brown to green. The dogwoods and daffodils are blooming and the birds are chirping outside my window! Something about springtime that gives one a sense of renewed hope! My husband made the comment that it has been the longest winter here that he could remember. And it has seemed that way. My pancreatities attack has finally diminished and am pain free today except for the edema in my feet and ankles. I thank God and relish days like this..as they don't come very often. I think back to when my children were very young...before the kidney disease ravaged my body....and how much energy and stamina I had! I could run circles around everyone. For the longest time it was so hard for me to admit that I needed to slow down and listen to my body. At least until I was forced to.

Nothing has happened with my cousin being tested to be my donor. He has been sick and has to have surgery. Although not a major surgery it has put our plans on hold. This is disappointing to say the least but I refuse to be upset this time. I will just push forward and hope for the best. I have learned it does me no good to worry and worry does not change the outcome of anything anyway. I am focused on the here and now and the glorious day I am having! Tomorrow...celebrating my beautiful daughter's birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment