chiari angel

chiari angel

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

So I'm not crazy afterall...

It gets worse at night...the weird feelings in my head. I feel dizzy. I see things out of the corner of my eye and when I turn to look... nothings there. Or often I will blurt out something in my sleep and it wakes me up as well as my husband..My thought process is slow and I feel as though I am having a panic attack. I came across this article and now I understand why I am having these feelings..I think this has a lot to do with my insomnia as well. I feel so restless at night and even when I do fall asleep I only stay asleep for 2 to 3 hours.

THE EFFECT OF KIDNEY FAILURE ON THE BRAIN
Uremia
Kidneys normally remove extra water and wastes from your blood. If they fail, blood levels of urea increase. Urea is toxic to the body and can affect all the major organs including the brain. Symptoms usually only appear when kidney function falls to less than 10 percent of normal. It precedes uremic coma and causes disorders of memory, thinking, speech, perception, emotions and other neurological manifestations.

I experienced this in the hospital when my BUN level reached 105. I actually thought the nurse had put something bad in my IV! She explained to me that my BUN was too high. Right now I am sitting at about 85  to 90. At least I am aware of this and what is going on...but it is such a scary feeling..I want to feel better so bad. Just one day of freedom from all this sickness would be wonderful...

I ventured out yesterday...I usually don't drive anymore but I desperately wanted to get out of the house even if for a little while. So I drove myself to the grocery store. What a sight I must have been getting out of the car and slowing making my way across the parking lot. I often wonder if people assume I must be drunk by the way I stumble around at times.I was looking at a display of sale items  when I... without looking... grabbed the nearest buggy and made my way through the store. I heard a lady yell " EXCUSE ME where are you taking my buggy!" I quickly explained I wasn't looking and how sorry I was and ohhh... I was sooo embarresed! She snatched it away and just looked at me as if I was trying to steal it! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment