chiari angel

chiari angel

Friday, November 16, 2012

Jesus calm my fear...

It is amazing how our kidneys work to maintain the health of our body. Not only do they act as filters to remove toxins from our blood,regulate salt and fluid, but also play a huge role in keeping our other organs vital and healthy. When the kidneys fail the other organs are being stressed as well. As I have said before I want this blog to show what it's really like to live with Kidney Disease and the effect it has. I have had trouble with my pancreas for a couple of years now and have been in the hospital twice for it in the past year. I was back at Vanderbilt today for my regular appointment, kidney function tests and follow up from my shoulder pain. What was thought to be my rotator cuff was followed by a pancreatitis attack and my doctor believes the two are connected.  I have been in so much pain today and my labs show that my pancreas enzymes are elevated with a slight loss in the very little kidney function I have left..The bad news is I have Chronic Pancreatitis and will have to be treated as a separate issue. I have to find out exactly how much of my Pancreas is damaged and the best way to treat it. My husband asked my renal doctor  if the kidney transplant would be a cure for these other health problems and she said it will make me feel better and give me a better quality of life but no it will not cure the other health issues and I will need to deal with them as well. In no way will this effect my ability to get the transplant but I couldn't help but feel a little discouraged at this latest news.I have to stay strong and positive! I remembered one of my favorite bible scriptures that has helped me deal with fear and worry all along this journey.

Matthew 8:23-27




23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”
26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
27 The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him. 

I will remember  God's promise to calm the storm in my heart and ease my fears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment